10 August 2018
Expanding business into the global market is a step every retailer wants to take. The modern world seeks for new solutions and the need for E-commerce is growing rapidly. E-commerce gives an opportunity to expand businesses, lowering costs at the same time and simplifies the user experience and the purchasing process. Giving the opportunity to compare products, services, and their prices encourage customers to buy. Customers are not restricted to buy products only on their local market, the borders are vanishing and the reach becomes global.
The best option for shortening the product chain distribution and better retailer-consumer interaction is a mobile app for the E-commerce store.
Younger generation prefers to use their mobile phones to do shopping, and it is easier to do it within a custom-made app than on the website. From my experience, I can tell that within- app- purchases are more convenient. When it comes to mobile applications for clothing shops (which are the closest to my heart!) I like the fact that the images are adapted to the size of my mobile device than compared to the same shop but in the form of the website. Adding, deleting and editing products in the shopping cart is much easier and the filtering of the products is much more intuitive.
So, if you have a business connected with retail, creating a mobile app should be your priority.
The recent data shows that Target’s mobile app experienced a huge (around 200%) increase in their sales on Black Friday. The same thing happened to other retail kings like Walmart. The reason behind it is simple. People are fed up with queueing outside the shopping malls and taking part in the rat race for a new TV or a pair of jeans which are 50% off. They prefer to sit comfortably in their armchairs and buy the same items just by pressing the button on their phone. They save money and time without getting out of the house. It’s a win-win situation.
Let’s cut to the chase now. I would like to convince you that your E-commerce business needs a mobile app.
The first thing which should bring you around the idea of having a mobile app is the accessibility and visibility of your brand. Consumers being inseparable from their smartphones are the easier target. The power of Facebook and Instagram ads is effective to such extent that you will be able to increase your clientele in a short period of time. When you have the E-commerce business, investing in social media marketing is inevitable. So when the add immediately directs the client to the App Store where he/she can download your app and use your services, the marketing boosts as well.
Push notifications also play an important role when the interaction with customers is concerned. Their impact shows a higher open rate and real-time message delivery. Also, such built-in features like calendar, camera or GPS provide better communication and user experience.
Developing native app has many advantages which will boost its usability. E-commerce native apps are able to jump over 2-3 steps in the purchasing process. Although mobile website meets the basic requirements, the mobile app allows for high-quality visuals, intuitive navigation, and animations.
Even though the development of a mobile app is a costly pleasure, the benefits which come with it are invaluable for the E-commerce business. Such app will help you collect and analyze data, ensure faster and more secure in-app payments, and increase customer engagement and retention. Your mobile E-commerce app can be linked to all social media accounts and boost the communication with customers. Clients are more likely to purchase a product when it is reviewed by other customers rather than advised by the shop assistant. You can also increase on spot purchases using notifications linked to special events and holidays which integrates gamification mechanics. During the Christmas season, most of the purchases are made on a smartphone.
What things should I consider while developing my app?
First of all, I would like to enumerate some key features your app needs to have:
- User-friendly design. Your app’s design needs to be catchy but not complicated. Simple and clear solutions are more pleasant for the eye. In E-commerce, visuals communicate messages more effectively than texts.
- Security for your users. Due to the number of information vendors ask for ( addresses, credit card info, bank details), your customers must feel safe. Invest in high-quality security solutions.
- Make the checkout easy. Customers are likely to leave their shopping cart due to the inconvenient pricing or other alternatives. Provide your users with the option of wish list where they can store the products they want without buying it immediately.
An app may be a huge success or a big failure. Therefore, you need some tips which will enhance the overall experience:
- Create clear UI and multifunctional navigation so the clients can easily find the products which will reduce the amount of steps before initial purchase.
- Make the purchase process easy. For customers, the easiest the process of purchase, the better. Also, include a variety of payments options to cover all types of customers.
- Easy signing up. Providing your customers with the option of signing up using their already existing social media accounts will make them willingly create a profile. Using an e-mail address as a nickname is also really convenient.
- Increase conversion by call to action buttons.
- Use feeds from Instagram. Nowadays, Instagram is a leading tool in online shopping marketing. Use it to boost traffic on your app.
- Foresee users’ behaviors. Try to ensure that every scenario is thoroughly thought of and nothing will surprise you or your customers.
- Track app installs to evaluate the efficiency of your advertising
- Track the bounce rate and get to know why users stop their purchase and at which point. Include Google Analytics to measure your app’s value to understand your customers’ buying patterns.
- Check the retention rate and find solutions to encourage customers to download your app more often.
- Generate MCF-reports and try to understand the journey of your customers while they’re shopping.
E-commerce mobile app should combine exceptional user experience, simple and entertaining shopping process and revenue boosting. Even at this point, mobile apps are taking the lead in the E-commerce world, leaving mobile websites behind. They are simply more convenient to use. And users’ experience should be the priority. Gaining customers’ trust will ensure you that they will come back to you.
Even if your business doesn’t entirely rely on the sales via the internet, having a mobile E-commerce app my boost it rapidly and transfer your small business into revenue pioneer in the sales industry.