26 March 2018
In the times of the bloom of mobile applications, many businesses wonder whether they want to create a mobile app for users to download or a fabricated mobile website ? Mobile apps and websites may look very similar at first but they are mutually different. Choosing between them is determined by the number of elements like the target audience, budget, motives and required attributes. But having both of these solutions will be more beneficial to your business and here I am to prove it.
Even though, research shows that mobile apps are more preferred by the users than mobile websites, still many people first look for the products and services through google not in the App Store or Play Store. It may seem to be a splurge to invest in both but there are good reasons why you really need mobile website and a correspondent mobile app.
Mobile websites have been contemplated to function and look similarly on computers and mobiles. Having invested in responsive mobile site, makes your website look modern and user-friendly. It is important for the mobile website to be available for mobile browsing and be easily reached directly through phone’s web browser. Mobile apps on the other hand are designed specifically for smartphones and tables. They are available on app stores, work offline and can be started very easily.
Here are the main pros and cons of Mobile apps and Mobile websites:
- By using an app, the client can access your information, offers, websites and contact details
- Mobile apps hold readable content which is designed to fit the client’s screen
- Mobile apps have special proposition receivable only to app manipulators
- It saves money due to leveraging your current website investment
- Mobile apps maximise social media investment with automatic linking to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Easy database collection, push notifications
- Offering discounts and coupons via apps
- The separate space is needed for an app installation
- By downloading an app, users allow the illuminators to track and check their actions
- Mobile apps require fresh content and technological updates which may be more costly to maintain than a mobile website
- A separate mobile site can contain specially handpicked content and unique pages tailored to this audience.
- Original website of your portal ends up reorganised into long, scrollable pages, but mobile websites allow you to slim down the design
- The content must be right for users to have a positive experience
- There are a lot of various devices on the outlet that there isn’t a one-size- fit to all approach, that’s why we can say a mobile site won’t be the right size for all screens
- If a visitor can find exact information on a desktop, but can’t locate it again and then they return to their mobile phone and if the information on both might be different then the user experience could be negative
- The responsibility of your web agency is content should be updated and thus a separate maintenance is required for mobile websites
Even after studying the table above, you are still not convinced in investing in Mobile app, here are some reasons you should.
Thanks to the mobile app, you can reach your customers all the time. E-mails are unquestionably the most favourite tool for communication, however, mobile apps are right behind them with their notification system. There are two types of notifications – push and in-app. They give an opportunity for contacting with your clients in a more efficient way. When business plan and execute notification campaign, they can have a higher ROI.
Furthermore, branding experience provided by a mobile app is different to the experience from a website. Mobile apps allow for experimenting with different styles to check what suits better for the target audience and how you can recreate your brand. Many companies use mobile apps for transitioning into new style.
Mobile apps are also great for personalisation. They can easily deliver personalised interface and functions. Personalisation allows for tailored communication channel thanks to location data, usage behaviour, interests and preferences.
Investing in the mobile app gives the brad the access to various features of mobile devices. Functions such as camera, GPS or phone calls stand for this idea when used within an app. Those features also diminish the effort put in marketing tasks.
Finally, apps tend to be faster than traditional websites. The performance of an app is quicker and their data is stored directly on the mobile device when the websites use servers for data storing. The fast work of mobile apps enhances the overall user experience.
There are various way when it comes to entering the mobile marketplace and choosing the most suitable for your business is essential. The ideal scenario for the comprehensive and popular trademark is a responsive mobile website accompanied by a mobile app. It will be the answer to all your needs. The website will provide an easy and approachable format while the mobile app will be devoted to more exclusive focus while remaining in constant interaction with each other.
If you already have a mobile website and you want to create a compatible mobile app to it, go to contact form on our 180 Creative website and give yourself a new business opportunity.